What We Believe
Our desire at Grace Baptist Church is to glorify God by worshipping Him in spirit and truth, edifying believers to grow up in Jesus, and sharing the Gospel with the lost.
When you come to Grace you can expect:
- Sound, careful expositional preaching that properly explains and applies the Word of God.
- A friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
- Conservative yet dynamic music that reflects God’s character, not the world’s.
- A dedicated ministry to children and teenagers.
- A strong global missions emphasis thru Faith Promise giving.
- A desire to reach local unbelievers with the gospel.
- A commitment to God’s Word as the sole authority of our faith and practice.
We at Grace Baptist Church believe that there is only one God Who exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Man is inherently sinful, not good. Because of man’s sin, God sent His Son Jesus Christ to this earth to die as man’s substitute and to shed His blood as atonement for our sins. Christ was fully human, yet fully God. He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, was crucified, rose from the dead three days later, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will one day return in glory to set up His millennial kingdom on earth.
The Bible is “given by inspiration of God (II Timothy 3:16),” literally, “God-breathed,” and is the ultimate and final authority by which we are to live and obey. We believe that the Bible is the complete, perfect, eternal Word of God. We believe that God has revealed all He wants us to know of Himself and does not give anyone any “extra-biblical” revelation. Therefore, we make Scripture the central focus of all that we do, from our worship services to activities.
- God Created Mankind to Perfectly Love and Glorify Him (Genesis 1:26-28; Colossians 1: 16-17; Revelation 4:11).
- All Have Sinned Against God (Genesis 3:6; Romans 5:12a; Romans 3:23).
- The Penalty for Sin is Death (Romans 6:23a; Revelation 20:15).
- Sinners Cannot Earn Salvation (John 3:3; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).
- God Sent His Son, Jesus, to Pay the Penalty of our Sin (Galatians 4:4; Romans 5:8; John 3:16).
- We Can Be Forgiven if we Turn From our Sin and Trust in Jesus Alone (Mark 1:15; John 3:18; John 14:6; Romans 10:13; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Those who Believe on Jesus Receive Everlasting Life (John 10:28; I John 5:13).